Friday, August 15, 2008

Zut Alors! Les vacances sont ici!!

Humans who love me! How I love you back. Your emails, comments, facebook messages and flagrant displays of obsession are so dear to me. Thank you. Don't stop now. You peeps are on a roll.


Today is a really special day b/c the vacation has officially begun. Not for me. Or for mom (actually, mom is in real need of one...found out yesterday she has to have sinus surgery. She's not a happy camper. But have no fear! Nurse MaeMae is on the job!) But I digress...

Right now my Grandling and Papa are sitting at JFK airport! They get really romantical on vacay so I hope the Delta employees are ready for it. They're probably making out as we speak in the lounge!





Get it, PAPA! He loves him some Grandling. We also call her Tips most of the time. You don't know the story? Let me help. It involves a little of this....

And I do mean a little. One glass.

And it leads to this...


It is good times, folks. Maybe this time I will climb into the display case WITH Tips. I love her. She is always really out of control and it is much more fun for me. When Grandling goes nuts no one notices my antics. I get away with murder.

At any rate...Tomorrow morning (French time) Grandling and Papa will pull up to the house, throw open the doors and say "Bon-dang-jour" to this view. No, I'm serious. Thou eyes dost not deceive thee. This is the view from the living room...




Then of course there are the views from the porch. Lake and mountains to your right. Mediterranean Sea to your left. Much like the reaction from admirers when they see me, the view here will bring you to tears.

Cute fur people and amazing views will just do that to ya. I understand. And I don't judge you. Looking at my own face in the mirror sometimes overwhelms me. So let your emotions out, honey. Just let yourself feel.

So when is my big arrival you ask? And I know you're asking. Because all that really matters is when I show up. Mom and I arrive at 8am on Thursday. That's right! Our journey begins Wednesday and I can't wait. We have a long layover in JFK. We're planning on going to the beach! No joke! If you're near JFK and want to hang (11am to 5pm!) let me know. I'll treat....ok, fine...MOM will treat you to lunch! Pinky promise.


I have got to let these puppy legs stretch out at some point. I don't want to be boxed up all day!

No use sitting in the Delta lounge all day. I've got Yankees to admire me...must not keep my fans at bay. Embrace celebrity. That's what I always tell Angelina Jolie. Ang, as I call her, has learned a lot from me. Where do you think she got the idea to move to the South of France from?! DUH!

Oh dear. And I promised not to name drop...sorry, Ang! Hope you and Braddy-Poo will forgive me. And tell those dear, dear twinsies that Auntie Mae is on her way! Looking forward to lunching at the Chateau, you beauties.

So. Moving on. Just after mom and I arrive, we are going to be entertaining guests! YES! 10-40 is going international! Auntie Rachie and Auntie Erin love going on trips with Mom. So they're making room for us in their 2 week European adventure! I cannot wait, wait, wait to see them. Auntie Erin, you should bring Kitty Kat Hazel!

My aunties leave Sunday...but when we say goodbye to them we'll be saying HELLO to my FAVE AUNT....

AUNTIE SQUOOSHLE! Also known as my mom's lil' sister, Parker. Man. She's hot. My mom got the raw end of the bully stick when it came to genes.

Sorry, mom. But it is just fact. Besides, we can't both be stunning and live in the same house. That wouldn't be fair...to me.

Auntie Squooshle! I am so excited to vacay with you. You and mom love being together. When you're in France, things just happen. There will be moments of sheer "is this really happening to us" like this....There will be nights like this....

And ... ok, fine. Mornings like this. But the fatigue is worth it! Plus I AM WORTH IT. I am about to make your vacay about 100 times better. Oh, what's that, Auntie? Oh, ok! 1000 times better. I know. I am that good. There are some things you just cannot prepare for. And then some things you can. Prepare for my undeniable awesomeness to hit the streets of the Cote D'Azur very soon. I am glad Grandling and Papa could go ahead of me and prepare the house. I hate to come into dust. And no food. And a cold pool. Get right on that, ok, Papa? I'm counting on you.

Oh, and Grandling? Lay off the vino. At least until I get there.

I am off to continue the preparations. You are all beautiful people. Don't think I look down on you totally....only a little.
Love & Licks,
Mayes Capitol Courage
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Maemae... Thanks for the shout out. You are fav little pooch. Can't wait to see you in France. Are you ready for the time of your life? Your Auntie Erin is already on the way.

    A bientot!

    Love,
    Auntie Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mae Mae,
    I love you dearly....and i so want to come to France with you and I should be there, but we had to have this thing called a baby instead and so he really screwed our plans!!!! Have fun for me and keep Tips in line.

    Love Barkever,
    Coops

    ReplyDelete