I realized yesterday as I looked over the hundreds of people flocking to read my daily postings (man it feels good to be adored. I expect the paparazzi to arrive at any minute. I am ready for my closeup Mr. Deville!) that many of you may not know how I came to be here. I'd like to fix that.
So today's is the "Story of My Life" or "L'histoire de ma vie." I figure you can't fully adore me until you KNOW me. Right? Right.
I was born in Texas...or as my Aunt Pati would say, "God's country." My mom (Lanier) decided that her life was really lacking a four-legged fur person. So she began a search. When she landed on my birth home website, she just knew. She did! She knew.
www.gumwood.com
Vicky Welch is the most amazing Yorkie breeder there is. Let it be known, people! And she sent my mom the first picture of me!

Little did we know I'd end up even mroe stunning than that. Who knew? Well, I knew. But it was hard to get peeps to believe me.
Anyway, Vicky sent me to live with my mom in Washington, DC in August of 2007. It was the first and last time I will ever fly in the belly of a plane. People. That is not how royalty travels, mmm'kay? I arrived at Reagan Airport a little zoned, but clearly looking hot.
I was, again, ready for my closeup. Mom was there. Aunt Kiki was there. Grandling was there. It was a special moment of adoration. I enjoyed every second.
From there things just fell into place. Mom obsessed over me. It was just as it should be. And nothing has ever changed. All my aunties like to have me over, so Mom rarely goes anywhere that I don't join....
...."Lost" viewings at Auntie Erin's house? I'm there. Kitty Kat Hazel loves me, folks.
....Weekend outings at Aunt Kiki's when she still lived here? Check. That's how I met my long-distance lover, Cooper. I'm the only lady for him. Natch.
....Jaunts to my larger Old Town estate at Auntie Allison's and Uncle Puff's? Of course, people! That's how I get my mind off of Cooper. I flirt with Rutherford. He's a hot little Shar-Pei. The wrinkles just do it for me. Let's face it, when Ghengis is there it is even better. Mae Mae Sandwich! I love furry suitors.


....Trips to Nashville, TN to see Auntie Allison and Uncle Regs? Like I'd miss it! I'm working on a recording contract. I'm no one-trick pony, peeps.
...Is Grandling headed to Myrtle Beach? Well I'll meet her there, clearly! Ain't no vacay like a MaeMae Vacay!

When I'm not running from home to home, I'm clearly at rest here at Lil' Greenie (Mom's house). I spend most of the day in the window just making sure all is well. That's where you'll find most of my admirers. You know. Just standing on the street corner staring at me in the window. Sometimes it is a little awkward. I've had a few people just burst into tears over my greatness. I hardly know how to handle it. So. If they are lucky, I'll wave.

And if you're lucky, I will wave to you, too. Send me some love. I'm all about fan mail.
I live a good life here with my mom and the Humans Who Love Me. I'm a very blessed little fur person. I'm looking forward to bringing my blessings to France. They need it....
Love and Licks,
The Mae Mae
XOXO
MaeMae, thanks so much for the history - as adoring fans, we are grateful to know about the origins of your greatness :-) France may not be good enough for you, but keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteMaeMae, you are our beautiful princess.How dare your mom make you wait in JFK for, 6 whole hours, Lord have mercy!!! This will not be. We have nothing to do next Wednesday or Thursday........Soooooo, we are hopping the jet to D.C., sending a car for you and your mom, and whisking you both away to Teterboro where we will fly you to France. What do you want the crew to have on board for you and your mom? We were thinking about hiring a nurse for your mom so that you would have a break from taking care of her needs. Just let us know what you want and we will Get IT. You are a princess and you are to be adored. We do SO adore you.
ReplyDeleteLove your South of the Border Friends. Aunt Lynnie sends her love to you also. Adios.