Monday, August 25, 2008

Samedi. Je l'adore bien.


(Saturday. I love you so.)

Now this I can tell you. Saturday began perfectly. I fell asleep with Auntie Erin and awoke with Auntie Rachel. Life is so good.



Mommy is a lazy bum so she slept all morning. My aunties, grandparents and I spent the morning on the porch solving all the world's problems. By the time mom pulled herself from her laziness, we'd fixed social security, lowered the price of gas, chosen McCain's running mate, and also consumed 3,458 croissants.

Awesome.

We were ready to take on the day.

Auntie Erin loves glass so we decided to go to the village of Biot. Famous for its hand blown glassware, I can promise you you will never find anything like it anywhere else. We were there for hours. I tried to buy the whole store but how would I get it home?

We drove away from Biot in the late afternoon sun and headed for another family favorite: Mougins. It is hard to explain the beauty of this place. Set high up on a hilltop just a few kilometers from Cannes, Mougins is the most well-known for its food. So you know what that means, right? Yes. Correct. My pig of a mother lives for this village.

We walked around la petite ville for a few hours and snapped some relatively stunning photos of myself. If I do say so...myself. I can hardly believe how French I've become.


When we settled on dinner, we really had no idea what was in store. Well, I could tell just by the fact that I was given my own table. With my own views. I love France.



The meal was astounding.

Papa almost burst into tears, declaring that it was the best meal he's even had in France. This briefly upset my mother to the point of yelling as she felt he'd insulted her place of obsession: La Bastide. Myself? I felt it was all terrific. As long as I was being adored, I couldn't care less.

I have a checklist, after all.
Welcomed into a place? Check.
Awed as I walk through the room to my table? Check.
Immediately offered my own table and/or chair? Check.
Adored overwhelmingly to the point of other patrons being ignored? Check.


After several hours of risotto, gnocchi (it was so good my mom proposed to it. They're getting married in a few months), fresh fish, and apple tarts, it was time to say goodbye to Mougins and drive back to Cabris.


I didn't want Sunday to arrive. That meant saying goodbye to the Aunties....yet...there was a bright bit of sunshine there....Auntie Squooshle was coming!!!!!!!!!!

Love & Licks,
The Mae
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment