(And Mayes' world continues...)
I have to say to you peeps. This really is my kind of life. Truly. On Thursday we made the incredibly brilliant decision to stay around the pool all day.
I was especially thrilled about this b/c that way when I go back to the Old Town School for Dogs all those pale yellow labs will salivate over my French tan. Yea, baby, you like that? That's what I thought. Look and drool, honey...
Thursday was honestly one of the best days of my life. We started out down in the village having breakfast. It was, of course, amazing.
Then we headed back to the house for day a from Heaven. Here's how it worked: I slept. I woke up. I walked out into the sunshine and checked on the Humans Who Love Me. I walked back inside and fell asleep on any surface I wanted. Papa came in and pointed the fan towards me. I woke back up. I went back outside. I re-applied my Coppertone and watched the Humans Who Love Me swim in that giant water bowl. I went back to sleep.
Had I been a cat....I would have purred.
After several hours perfecting our bronze, we chose go to into Grasse for the evening. You see, we've fallen in love with a little place called "Georgio's" in the town square.
I also enjoy the pups on parade up and down the street. Eye candy. Oh yea.
We had a long, long dinner and laughed until the point of exhaustion. It was, in a word, parfait.
I will say I have no idea what they were thinking giving mama a knife like that. "PIZZA" it declared in huge letters. What? Like she wouldn't know what to do otherwise??? My mom is smarter than that, peeps. I mean she may not be as smart as I am...but then, who is?
Other than the kissy face, dinner rocked. I got lots of a attention and Mom had no leftovers. Awesome.
Then it was time to head home to spend the evening making fun of a Auntie Squooshle. Not hard....
Another perfect day in a perfect place. I've chewed up my ticket. I refuse to leave.
Love & Licks,
The Mae
XOXO