So just before we arrived in France Brad Pitt and his family were running around one of the best villages in the Cote D'Azur....St. Paul de Vence. So you can imagine my excitement when we loaded up on Wednesday morning and headed up to the little town. It is an amazing place. Set high up on a hilltop the streets curve and wind up until the very highest point. Every step you take is like something out of a story book. Flowers crawling up the stone walls, antique signs drawing you in to shop for something to remember the city by, and of course, perfect places for me to pose and allow my fans to photograph me.
I was brushing my fur, licking my lips, preparing for my moment with destiny. Angelina...look out. Brad Pitt is moments away from my grasp. I just knew it.
Our lunch reservations were set at Colombe D'Or. Heavy laden with celebrities, I knew this was my chance. I made sure I had all the right things going.
Two chicks who spoke enough French to get me in the door? Check.
A pig of a mother who would order ONE APPETIZER (no really, this photo is not edited. Those 12 dishes? All hers.) that could feed every one of my ancestors? Check.
An aunt who will feed me wine to take the edge off of my nerves? Check.
Chanel sunglasses? Check.
After all of this....every moment of preparation. Do you know what it got me?
This.
That's it! A DANG YORKIE??!!
Where was BRAD PITT?
I'll tell you where. Venice.
Unreal. My heart? Broken. Never to be repaired.....
I have nothing more I can say. That day has wounded me for life.
All I can say is, Pray for me, peeps. Pray.
Love and Licks on my WOUNDED SOUL,
Mayes
XOXO