Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh, Jacques Chibois....Je Vais Retourner....







(Oh Jacques Chibois....I am coming back....)

Some of you may remember at the start of mes vacances I spent some time at mama's all time number one nothing beats it something out of a storybook restaurant called La Bastide St. Antoine. Well when Auntie Squooshle came to town I had no choice but to take her there, too. I mean, who would I be if I didn't share my blessings?


Besides. I don't even ask for a reservation. I just prance in. And the people stand aside. Kind of like Moses and the Red Sea. I'm just sayin'.


So back we went to our home away from home. Mom continued to prattle on about her wedding there, Auntie Squooshle negotiated her way into a whole lotta free stuff....

...Papa tried his best to speak as much French as possible (which comes in really handy when he's ordered me a bottle of wine. For real.), and Grandling sat back and enjoyed the show.

The food was once again not to be believed.


And our table was incredible. I have to say the people at La Bastide are so incredible...as the explanation goes....when world class chef bought La Bastide St Antione he didn't just by the space to serve dinner...he bought the entire building. He wanted it to be like his home. His desire is for every single patron not to feel like they are at a restaurant but instead to feel like they are a guest in his home.



It works.

So much so that I wasn't sure I wanted to leave when the meal was over. I thought I was a guest? So doesn't that mean I get a room? And a bed? And some more free stuff?

Well I guess I couldn't leave mama. So I left with her. Sadly. Counting down the days until we go back again.

Or maybe just counting down the days until Chef Chibois summons me back.....

We got back to the villa and mama was in some kind of strange mood. Auntie Squooshle was not being a nice Squooshle so mama jumped in the pool to teach her a lesson.

With all of her clothes on.


Now. It is hard enough for me to understand why they are swimming in a giant dog bowl but to do it with your dress on? What is with humans?

I do not think I'll ever understand. Even if I am the smartest dog on earth.

Love & Licks,
Mayes Capitol Courage
XOXO