So Sunday was rather bittersweet. The day dawned bright and early. And for my mom, it was even earlier. She stayed up until 5am reading some book my Auntie Melissa told her to read. Twilight. Now does my mother not only want someone like Edward Cullen to fall in love with her...she is also beyond exhausted. Thanks A LOT Auntie Melissa!
We hurried into the car and drove down to Nice to pick up my Auntie Squooshle AND say goodbye to Auntie Erin and Auntie Rachel.
I was not pleased about this, so I tried to pack myself into Rachel's suitcase. It didn't really work. She saw me.
I now know how my day could have been bettered. Posh Spice and hottie mchotterson David Beckham were at the Nice airport this weekend as well. AND I MISSED IT. Can you imagine it? Dave would have left Posh in an instant for me and we could have run off to their country home on the Riviera and lived happily ever after...
:::Snapping back into reality::::
While I was so excited to pick up Parker, I was sad to lose my other aunties. Especially considering where they were going. Heaven help them. Germany. Why would anyone leave THIS PLACE for THAT ONE?
Enough said. We know how I feel about that place.
So I tried to soothe my hurting heart by thinking about all the men I've met while I've been here. My love life has gone international and let's just say things are looking good.
From the yellow lab here in Cabris to the yorkie in Biot to the many, many suitors in Mougins. Someone let Condi Rice learn from me. I am the best at international relations. (If you know what I'm sayin')
And so Sunday was a hard day, but with Parker here, things are even more hysterical. We spent the day at the pool and in the village. Eating and laughing. She and Papa went into the village later in the evening to see "Batman Returns" (all in French!). Mommy, Grandling and I held down the fort.
I'm pretty sure at this point mom's had about 15 bricks of brie. And she looks it. Hello, chubby cheeks! That's why I'm sticking with hottie Aunt Parker. She brings all the boys to the yard. Like me.
On a side note. I may be overseas but I have not lost sight of what's happening back at home. I have spent some time yelling some things into the valley....
You can take the girl out of Washington, but you can't take Washington out of the girl.
Love & Licks,
Le MaeMae
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment