That point is this:
HUMANS ARE REALLY BIG DRAMA QUEENS.
Let's start from the beginning. We woke up to another brilliant day. Rather than rush off to another village we decided to lay low at first. We went up to the main house and mama warmed up some yummy breakfast foods. Brioche, thick wheat bread, fresh jams, quiche, yogurt, hot tea and coffee. While we settled in for the morning I helped mom make some decisions about tomorrow's road trip to the Grand Canyon in Verdon.
That woman needs my help more than cars need headlights. Sheesh. After breakfast apparenly mama felt it was time to admit how lame she is. "I'm full. I'm going to read a bit before we head out."
By read she meant climb into the pool and take three different books and read parts of all of them. WOMAN. MAKE A DECISION AND STICK WITH IT FOR PETE'S SAKE.
Once I'd pulled mom out of the alligator lair by her toes we were off to higher ground. Gourdon, to be exact. Papa found this little village four years ago and it has become a family favorite.
Chick's crazy.
This summer it was wind-free. Mama celebrated this fact by sending postcards to everyone she knew with one sentence scrawled across every single one, "I AM IN GOURDON AND THERE IS NO WIND!!!!!!!!!"
We spent a few hours milling around, drinking Rosé wine and just enjoying Gourdon...with no wind.
As the sun began to set Mama got alllllllll kinds of wound up. This was the night she'd been counting down to for one solid year: dinner at the one place my mother loves more than her own life. Almost more than me (and that's really saying something). By 8 pm we were seated at La Bastide St. Antione.
This year my mom had a hold time keeping it together. Maybe it was because my Auntie Squooshle and Grandling weren't to help diffuse The Crazy. Either way, my mother needed serious medical attention. Or a xanax. You choose. She took a photo of every single drop of liquid and food that showed up at our table. Including my own drink (that was set in front of me before my mother's champagne even hit the table. BOO YAH).
At any rate ... here is a peek at the meal ... plus Rosé champagne, a light red from Bourgogne, a light white from the same area ..... plus hot tea, coffee and more ..... if you'd like to know what I had ... look no further than the photo where my mother looks totally and utterly overcome by the two trays of cheese in front of her. I climbed into her lap at that moment and made sure to secure some of that goodness. GET IN MAH BELLY!
Let us all bow our heads for a moment as we stop and pay respect to....
Despite the fact I had to hang my furry little face in SHAME as we left, it was, all told, an amazing evening....
Love, Licks and super full bellies,
The Mae
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment