(The Trip...)
As I explained in my post from JFK -- the trip began perfectly. And the rest? C'etait parfait aussi! (It was perfect, too!)
I of course documented myself. I know you can hardly wait to see airborne Mayesie. The flight attendents could barely handle themselves. They worshipped me, naturally. And for that reason Mom and I got our own row. Seriously. I had my very own seat the entire flight there. I was calm as a cucumber. Again, naturally. I simply rested in my carrier and allowed the peasants in Coach to admire me. Here I am mid-flight...
We arrived in Nice an hour early. I'd asked the pilots to handle that for me. I needed to avoid the paparazzi. So we managed to touch down before they'd even staked out their posts.
Unfortunately I forgot to fill Grandling and Papa in on that decision. We ended up having a wee bit of a wait before my chauffeurs pulled up to the Nice International Airport. No worries. Mom hid me. The paps couldn't care less about her.
When they pulled up Grandling burst into tears over my beauty. I understood. I let her cry. Sometimes my angelic face overwhelms people.
We climbed into the convertible and we were off! We waved goodbye to city life and said BONJOUR to the French Riviera as we climbed up into the mountains...
After a brief pause at a wine store in Grasse (we've got our priorities straight) ...
we drove up to the Villa. Just as I knew it would be ... it was perfect. The views exceeded my expectations. Much like I exceed expectations on a daily basis.
Within minutes we were at the pool.
It took all of 30 seconds for mom and I to crash on a lounge chair in the French sunshine.
Oui, bon.
After a few hours it was time to venture into the Grasse for dinner. Naturally I was right at home. Not a single human tells me "no" when I walk into a room. Instead, they open their arms and give me my own chair. I am never going back to America.
We had an incredible dinner in the city square of Grasse. Over three hours later, it was time for the big arrival! Auntie Erin and Auntie Rachel were here! We hurried to the train station and welcomed them to the Cote D'Azur. I could not have been happier.
I knew what this meant!! PAJAMA PARTAY!!!
After an late evening on the porch with wine and cheese it was time to turn in. I was ready to sleep...I had a hard time telling mom, but...I wanted to sleep with Auntie Erin. Mom sniped out something about me being a slut but like any good child with a crazy mother, I remembered you can't talk to an illness. So I just ignored her.
Friday was going to be awesome. I could feel it.
Love & Licks,
The Mae
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment