Oh yea. Here I am. Monday night. Mom's been home for HOURS. You heard me. Hours. She came home before dark! :::cue puppy dance around the living room:::
Normally I ignore her when she gets home as punishment. But today she came home with treats. TREATS! :::cue puppy dance. this time with background music:::
You see, this weekend we decided to flee town at the last minute. No, for real. Mom booked the flight about four hours before it took off. She came home to pack on Friday afternoon and I was certain I was being left behind. She's been so awful as a mother lately - I assumed Friday's decision to go on a little vacay was no different. I prepared myself to be alone. Again. Probably in the dark. (What? I think mom's trying to save money at my expense.)
Imagine my surprise when she waltzed downstairs and pulled out my puppy purse. MY PUPPY PURSE! I lept into it and never looked back. Just a few hours later and there we were. North Carolina! That meant Papa was waiting for me. A convertible was just outside. And we were 40 minutes from my country estate, Grandling, Auntie Squooshle and even Caddie. She hates me, but I don't care. I just eat all her food.
I was super excited to ride in the convertible. The wind in my hair makes me feel Zexy. Papa, Mama and I went on a dinner date to Mama's very favorite Lexington BBQ joint. Mama caused a scene every time she sipped on her sweet tea, bit into a hushpuppy or took a bite of BBQ. There is nothing like Lexington 'Que. That's what Mama says and Mama is never wrong. Well, not about food anyway.

The rest of the weekend was more than perfect. Mama was, of course, beyond tired so Saturday she took the longest nap in the history of naps. There has never been a longer nap taken by a human being on this planet. Someone call Guinness.
Granted, Mama may have had a teensy reason to be tired. I'm just sayin'. You see, I had the craziest NEED TO PEE all night long on Friday. I woke up a lot. Mom kept count. She said I woke her up seven times. By the time the sun rose Mama was ready to sell me to the highest bidder. Please, people. You cannot put a price on perfection! I don't care how rattled by bladder is!
So we spent eeeeeeeeeeeeeeessentially the entire morning at the local vet. I won't go into it. This is a family blog. Let's just say I did not leave unscarred. Or unviolated for that matter. 48 hours later and I'm sleeping like a log - again - all night long. You're welcome, MAMA!

I loved every second of this weekend. From hanging out with my mom and her squooshle (Seriously, I've said it before - there is nothing like when the two of them are together) to spending time with my favorite lurv birds. Thomas and Auntie Squooshle are in lurv! It makes me so happy. :::cue puppy dance with background music AND costume:::

Mom claimed she came into town to help take care of Auntie Squooshle. Two weeks ago a crazy doctor opened her up and cut out part of her spine. I think that's insane but apparently it will make her healthy one day? Someone 'splain that to me. Cause right now Auntie Squooshle talks really funny, pops a lot of white treats into her mouth and walks like she's got a board attached to her backside. (But her male nurse, or MURSE as well call him, Uncle Thomas, might be worth all the pain. Did I mention I lurv him? I LURV HIM A LOT.)

On Sunday since Auntie Squooshle couldn't go to church, Papa led us in a family service. I have to admit it, it was pretty amazing. No one asked me to contribute, but I decided to let that go. It seemed everyone else had a lot to add. Each person shared a Scripture verse that has meant something to them over the last few weeks. I am still growing in my walk with Jesus but man alive - these Swanns and Uncle Thomas are really enjoying His Word. Best. Church. Service. Ever!
Sadly the weekend had to come to an end too soon. But I can't complain too much. Mommy didn't even put on a suit for work today and she came home SO DANG EARLY. We are spending quality time together and I am considering forgiving her for the scars of being alone so much the last few weeks.....
Considering is the key word.
Love and Licks,
THE MAE MAE
xoxo