Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No, seriously. I mean it is going really, really well.


Folks. If this is what recess is like, I don't ever want it to end. Sure, Mom may have left me for a few hours on Saturday to ensure her boss stays in office and the White House has the right peeps livin' in it, but afterwards? She came right home to me. Well. Wait. She did make a brief pit stop on the way home. But she told me she was trying to save the economy. I know how hard my mom works to make this country a better place so if she's working on our economic stability who am I to complain?

Not sure how Nordstrom fits into that cause...but I don't ask questions.

So we've been together all weekend. I've even let her sleep late. Normally I pounce on her the minute she makes eye contact with me in the morning and I am all, "YOU ARE ALIVE! YOU ARE ALIVE!!! THIS IS GREAT! GOOD MORNING! GET UP!!! GET. UP. RIGHT. NOW! YOU ARE ALIVE!!" No, really. Sometimes I worry she won't make it through the night. I have issues, ok? Deal with it.

Anyway, this weekend I let her sleep. She's alive. Clearly. Lord...all the snoring. No mistaking her for a dead person. Nope. Not at all.

Today we've been spending time honoring the late, great Christopher Columbus. Did you know that in the year 1492 he sailed the ocean blue? Oh, for reals. He did! Oh yea. And because of said sail, my mom got to spend the whole day with me today. I doggone love me some Columbus.


This afternoon was SO fun. We drove to Dulles airport (I love long drives. I said hello to lots of Humans Who Love Me on the Dulles Toll Road.) and picked up Cousin Jo Ellen!

And lemme tell you something. She LOVES ME. Honestly. SHE DOES. She got right in the car and .... are you ready? Are you sitting down? SHE PULLED OUT AN ENTIRE BAG OF TREATS. I didn't dare look at mom for permission. I just shoved my snout right in that bag. Holy cannoli. I love thee, Jo Ellen. Bark-ever and ever.

THEN! AND THEN! We drove all around DC. I love being a tour guide. I'm crazy good at it.

After we settled Jo Ellen into her room at the Hilton (I had to check to be sure the room was suitable for her. I tested out everything. I also ignored the giant "NO PETS ALLOWED" signs -- what the?! don't they know WHO I AM? The Mae Mae. That's who) we headed off to Old Town! And yes, that is me right there on the big fluffy stupid human beds where the Hilton thinks no pets should be. HA! I SHOWED THEM! Yea, HILTON! Who is the big dawg now!?


I was so completely overtaken with the fact we were going to the Chart House for dinner that when Auntie Rachie showed up I almost had a heart attack. I mean it was just TOO MUCH FOR THIS FURCHILD TO HANDLE PEOPLE. Hold the phone!? DINNER WITH JO ELLEN AND AUNTIE RACHIE AT THE CHART HOUSE OUTSIDE?

I died and went to Heaven. But I hurried and came back to earth b/c I heard Jo Ellen had more treats.

So, all of that to say my peeps, we have done Christopher Columbus proud. And Mama isn't stopping there. Oh, no. Tomorrow she is taking me to work. TO WORK! TO WORK! TOWORKTOWORKTOWORK! And then we are picking up AUNT KIKI AUNT KIKI OHMYGOSHICANNOTHANDLE IT. She is flying in all the way from the Middle of Nowhere. I mean, I know she lives SOMEWHERE, but Mom gets so upset when she talks about her moving that she just says, "KIKI LEFT ME TO LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE GAH!"

So I just let it lie.

It is gonna be a GREAT WEEK, Humans Who Love Me! A GREAT ONE!

Love & Licks,
THE MAE MAE
XOXO